[igraph] Question about splitting network

From: epzgwu
Subject: [igraph] Question about splitting network
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 22:26:40 +0800 (CST)

Dear all,

I have a question about splitting a network. In fact, I am developing a program
to solve the electrical power flow via grid-computing technique. First of all,
I have to split the network into several parts as average as possible, since I
hope the calculation of the sub-network dispatched to each computing node
should be finished at approximately the same time. The question is difficult
because all the nodes (generators and loads) and edges (transformers and
transmission lines) are all weighted.

Would you please give me some suggestions about that? Many thanks in advance.

Best regards

Zhigang Wu