Re: [igraph] Problem installing igraph via R on FreeBSD 7.3 SOLVED

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] Problem installing igraph via R on FreeBSD 7.3 SOLVED
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 15:15:10 +0200

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 3:08 PM, jim smith <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 19:39:20 +0200
> Gábor Csárdi <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Jim,
>>
>> if the whole system was compiled with gcc 4.2, why not just compiling
>> the packages with the same 4.2 compiler?
>>
>> Gabor
>
> Would I do that by specifying something in the igraph Makevars.in file
> for igraph?  (Under igraph/src/Makevars.in).

>From the output of

R CMD INSTALL --configure-args="--help" igraph

Some influential environment variables:
  CC          C compiler command
  CFLAGS      C compiler flags
  LDFLAGS     linker flags, e.g. -L<lib dir> if you have libraries in a
              nonstandard directory <lib dir>
  LIBS        libraries to pass to the linker, e.g. -l<library>
  CPPFLAGS    C/C++/Objective C preprocessor flags, e.g. -I<include dir> if
              you have headers in a nonstandard directory <include dir>
  CXX         C++ compiler command
  CXXFLAGS    C++ compiler flags
  CXXCPP      C++ preprocessor
  CPP         C preprocessor

So just set the 'CC' and the 'CXX' environment variables.