Re: [igraph] the old "cannot reserve space for vector" problem

From: Pascal Jürgens
Subject: Re: [igraph] the old "cannot reserve space for vector" problem
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 13:05:10 +0200

Tamas,

thanks a lot for the clarifications and the numbers. I think I'll pass on
calculating the entire matrix for now. Storing it twice means that swapping is
guaranteed, which should prevent a serious slowdown.

However, I think that in case anyone attempts it, it might be interesting to
look at the use of SSD disks for matrix storage. They might be just fast enough
to switch the bottleneck back to the cpu.

Yours,
Pascal Juergens