Re: [igraph] Igraph on cygwin

From: Chris Wj
Subject: Re: [igraph] Igraph on cygwin
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 07:02:42 -0400

Make sure you download the source (devel) packages as well in the cygwin downloads area. I have successfully compiled igraph 0.6 branch in cygwin in the past with GMP, so it can be done. I did not like it too much as I experienced some weird cygwin freezing bug at the time. If you can do a native compile, I recommend it.

-Chris

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 10:36 AM, Gábor Csárdi <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Mark,

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 10:58 PM, Mark W Redekopp
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm trying to install igraph-0.5.3 on Cygwin and got the error regarding
> fabsl().  I found the posts from the past regarding installing the GMP
> library so that it won't compile the included files that reference fabsl,
> but even though I install the GMP libraries, ./configure doesn't seem to be
> finding it and thus it keeps trying to compile the source code that uses
> fabsl and thus fails.  Am I missing something?

I don't know, where did you put GMP? Did you tell ./configure about the place?

> I tried pulling down the GMP
> library from Cygwin under 'Math' as well as then finding and installing some
> precompiled cygwin GMP binaries from the web.  I guess I can compile GMP
> myself from source but I was hoping to not have to jump through that hoop.

Actually, the easiest way to get around is

./configure --disable-gmp