Re: [igraph] Missing packages on the website

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Missing packages on the website
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 23:18:17 +0000

Hi Bernie,

> Just to let people know, Tamas gave a fantastic presentation on igraph
> this evening at the University of Oxford (Nuffield / OII Social
> Network seminar series). I was so encouraged by some of the neat
> features in 0.6 I decided to try to build it myself...and boy did I
> fail!
Drop me a mail if you need a pre-built package of the bleeding edge development
branch for Mac OS X 10.6 :)

> But at the very least I was hoping to download .5.3 (as I'm still on .5.1 as
> it turns out). And that's 404:
> http://igraph.sourceforge.net/download/python_igraph-0.5.3-py2.5-macosx10.5.dmg
Yup, I have just fixed it, but apparently there's a caching mechanism at
sourceforge or something like that as I can't see my changes on the homepage
right now. Anyway, here's the Python Package Index page which should contain a
pre-built OS X disk image:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-igraph

> Also, here's some output for the curious:
It seems you are trying to build the 0.6 Python interface against an older C
core -- maybe the include path you are using still contains the headers for
0.5.1? All the types and functions it complains about have been introduced
recently (after 0.5.3), that's why I'm thinking that you are linking against
the wrong include files and/or the wrong library version.