[igraph] Valued projections of a bipartite graph

From: Jurgen Willems
Subject: [igraph] Valued projections of a bipartite graph
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 10:53:58 +0100

Hi every one,

Hi Gabor,

I installed the newest iGraph package (Windows) in order to be able to project bipartite graphs as you suggested.

I also read the conversation between you and Uri on 'weighted graphs' projected with the command 'bipartite.projection', however it is not fully clear to me how I can preserve the number of links in the projected networks.

For my research I have a binary bipartite graph (events, i.e. columns and participants, i.e. rows)

in the projected 1-mode networks I would like to have:

for the participants: the value of the link between 2 participants in the 1-mode network is the times they where on the same event

for the events: the value of the link between 2 events in the 1-mode network is the number of participants that where on both these events.

In order to retrieve these valued networks, should I also use the command 'bipartite.projection'. And what do I have to change to have the values in the projected 1-mode networks?

Or should I use another command?

Many greetings

Jurgen