Re: [igraph] edge_betweenness community detection

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] edge_betweenness community detection
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 15:55:05 +0100

Hi,

how should we know that? It depends on your computer and on your graph.

But you can try to estimate it yourself.  Try running a simple edge
betweenness calculation and measure the running time (T). The running
time for the community detection will be 1/2 n * T, where n is the
number of vertices in the graph. This is just a rough estimate.

To get a better estimate, run the community detection on smaller
graphs with similar density and degree distribution, for graph with
(say) 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000 vertices and extrapolate from that.