Re: [igraph] about ba.game

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] about ba.game
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 20:50:08 +0100

Hi,

Yes, there is a theoretical relation between the "power" parameter and the
exponent of the fitted power law distribution. I think it is described in one
of the original Barabasi papers about the model, not sure where and I don't
have my reference list with me right now. However, this relation holds only for
infinite networks -- for graphs with only a few thousand nodes, there is a
significant finite size effect which may distort the "measured" exponent of the
power law. The larger your networks are, the smaller the difference, but it is
still there.