[igraph] about ba.game

From: gunce orman
Subject: [igraph] about ba.game
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 15:33:12 +0200

Hello,

I use ba.game funciton  to create a scale free network. And then I'm trying to calculate the exponent of power law for the different value of the parameter "power" of ba.game...  Is there any explication of the relation between that power parameter ( the alpha exponent of the choosing the vertices) and the gamma ( the exponent of the power low of the degrees) ???

If i'm not wrong, for power=1, normally gamma must be 3, because it is linear preferential attachement. But when I produce a set of network for power=1 and try to find their gamma values by using power.low.fit(), I have many different values than 3... Am I doing something wrong???

Thank you very much