[igraph] problem with libigraph.so.0

From: Enzo Tagliazucchi
Subject: [igraph] problem with libigraph.so.0
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 21:10:48 -0400

Hi all Igraph users,

I've installed igraph 0.5.2. following the instructions on the documentation. My system is Kubuntu Linux in it's latest version.

Now I'm trying to compile and execute some simple programs. As for the compilation, everything is OK. I'm using

gcc test.c -I /home/enzo/igraph-0.5.2/include/ -L/usr/local/lib -ligraph -o igraph_test

(for example). The location of igraph.h and the libraries is as specified by pkg-config.  No error messages appear during compilation.

Now, when I try to execute igraph_test I get the following error message:

./igraph_test: error while loading shared libraries: libigraph.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Now, the file libigraph.so.0 is in the specified directory (i checked that). I guess this is quite a silly problem but since I'm a begginer I've no clue.

thanks in advance!

Enzo