Re: [igraph] Version 0.6?

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] Version 0.6?
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 12:14:33 +0200

Guanghui,

please don't reply to a completely different thread, this makes the
mailing list archive messy, e.g:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/igraph-help/2009-05/threads.html
If you have a new question, then please start a new message. Thanks.

2009/5/1 王光辉 <address@hidden>:
> Hi Gabor,
>
> For the problem of maxflow( i want to all the maxflow), is the C-library
> faster than R-library?

No, it is not. In fact, they are the same. The R package just calls
the C library. Of course the 'for' loop in C is much faster than in R,
but I don't think that this would matter for your problem.

> I am not good at it, maybe this is a stupid
> question.  I use the "for" loop to calculate all the maximum flow of a
> graph(1000 vertices), it is really time-consuming. Thank you for your
> attention!

Maybe there is some more efficient algorithm to calculate the maximum
flow from a single source to many targets, I don't know. We don't have
such algorithms in igaph.

If you really need the maximum flow between all pairs of vertices,
using igraph, then there is no faster solution than a for loop. If you
don't necessarily need all of them, then there might be. E.g. if you
just need the minimum of them and your graph is undirected, then
graph.mincut() is much faster.

Gabor

> best
>

> Guanghui