Re: [igraph] Reg. Labeled Graph Isomorphism

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Reg. Labeled Graph Isomorphism
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 11:10:33 +0100

Hi,

1. We are using fedora core 10 linux and the configure file in the above tar file is not creating "Makefile" in order to compile this version. We were able to use 0.5.1 version successfully. Are we missing something? We want to use igraph with c library.
The one that you have downloaded is only for compiling the R interface (which happens to include the C source code of the whole library, but it uses a different build mechanism). If you would like to compile the C core of 0.6 only, the best is to check out and compile the source code from Launchpad using Bazaar:

bzr checkout lp:igraph
cd igraph/
./bootstrap.sh
./configure
make
make install

2. Does the post mean that 'igraph_isomorphic_function_vf2' now handles isomorphic check for both vertex and edge labels?
Yes, it does. It accepts an optional labeling for both the edges and the vertices, and only similarly coloured vertices and edges are allowed to match each other. (It is possible to omit the edge or the vertex coloring, of course). However, please note that this is the development branch of igraph which is not tested thoroughly yet, so things may break or may give wrong results. We only tested the colored isomorphism algorithm on small toy graphs.