[igraph] The Watts-Strogatz small-world model implementation

From: Anindya Ghosh
Subject: [igraph] The Watts-Strogatz small-world model implementation
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 19:28:50 -0400

Hi Gabor,

  I have a question regarding the function watts.strogatz.game(dim, size, nei, p).
 How does the parameter nei relate to k in the 1998 Nature article that is implemented here. Is it k= nei*2? I ask because k is usually the mean degree of the network generated and that I find to be 2*nei in the networks generated by this function. If that is correct why did you implement it in that way?

Thanks for your help,
Anindya