Re: [igraph] triangle related question

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] triangle related question
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 19:41:23 +0100

Hi Simone,

well, you can plot the mean local transitivity in the function of
degree easily. I think this is better than the number of triangles,
because that is biased in the sense that even in a Gnp random network
the degree and the number of triangles are correlated, simply because
high degree vertices have more possibilities to participate in
triangles.

The code is something like

g <- forest.fire.game(10000, fw.prob=0.37, bw.factor=0.32/0.37)
tra <- transitivity(g, type="local")
tra.deg <- tapply(tra, degree(g), mean)
deg <- as.numeric(names(tra.deg))
plot(deg, tra.deg, log="xy")        # for this example log-log looks better

Best,
G.