Re: [igraph] hierarchical degree

From: MATSUDA, Noriyuki
Subject: Re: [igraph] hierarchical degree
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 11:33:03 +0900

Hi:

   Thanks a lot for your prompt suggestion.  I'll try it.

On 2009/03/26, at 10:15, Gábor Csárdi wrote:

Hi,

after some brief skimming over the paper, to me it seems that the
hierarchical degree of order (h) is just the number of edges in the
(h) order neighborhood of the vertex. Then the brute force way of
calculating it is

hierarchical.degree <- function(graph, order, nodes=V(graph)) {
  sapply(as.vector(nodes), function(x)
ecount(graph.neighborhood(graph, order=order, x)[[1]]))
}