Re: [igraph] Re: alpha in power.law.fit

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] Re: alpha in power.law.fit
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 18:08:35 +0100

I think so, but are you sure that 'location' is actually 'alpha'? If
you use ppareto from the VGAM package, then the 'location' parameter
should be calculated from the normalization criteria, IMHO.

Btw., why don't you directly fit a Pareto distribution to the data? I
am sure that there is an R package that can do this, probably take a
look at 'degreenet' first.

G.