Re: [igraph] igraph 0.5.x visual studio 2005 'fixes'

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] igraph 0.5.x visual studio 2005 'fixes'
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 14:12:22 +0100

Laurence, thanks for your efforts, I will look at the changes you
proposed, but probably only next week. The thing is that some of the
changes are not "correct", even if they make igraph compile. E.g. the
unistd.h trick is not good, we just need an empty unistd.h file or use
HAVE_UNISTD_H.  Then the import/export functions work properly.

I don't want to have #ifdef's for platforms, but rather for features.
The idea is to use configure to test for these features. I know that
you cannot use configure for VC++, so having a vc++.h file for VC++ is
possible, but then this vc++.h must just set the features correctly
instead of configure.

I kind of started this already:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~igraph/igraph/0.6-main/annotate/head%3A/msvc/include/config.h
So in the source files we just need to test these features instead of
testing _MSC_VER

Thanks again, I am sorry that it takes a long time to solve these issues, best,
Gabor