[igraph] Shortest paths on very large graphs

From: Vassilis Kostakos
Subject: [igraph] Shortest paths on very large graphs
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 23:51:20 +0100

Dear all,

I am using igraph version 0.6 in R to analyse weighted and directed graphs with more than 20000 nodes. As part of my analysis i need to calculate the shortest paths between all pairs of nodes. Simply calling shortest.paths(g) fails because it requires too much memory. On the other hand, running

len<-length(V(g))-1
for(i in 0:len){for (j in 0:len){
 get.shortest.paths(g,i,j)
}}

is just too slow in R.

Can anyone suggest how I can speed this up without reverting to C programming?

Thanks

--
Vassilis Kostakos