Re: [igraph] bug in Graph.community_leading_eigenvector?

From: Gabor Csardi
Subject: Re: [igraph] bug in Graph.community_leading_eigenvector?
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 19:14:18 +0100

Furthermore, 1) you cannot set the number of iterations in the old
implementation (except for changing the source), so it'll be hard to
compare, 2) two different methods are used for eigenvector
calculations, there can be differences in the results id the first two
eigenvalues are close to each other, or 3) the 0.4.5 version might be
simply wrong.

Anyway, if you want to compare the results, then you can calculate
them "by hand" for a small matrix. Or you can take a look at the
'inetwork' R package, that has an implementation too. It is quite
slow, but should be ok for small graphs. I'm pretty sure the
0.5 version is good.

Actually, if you want to optimize modularity, the fastgreedy and
especially the spinclass methods tend to work better.

Gabor