Re: [igraph] bug in Graph.community_leading_eigenvector?

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] bug in Graph.community_leading_eigenvector?
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 17:31:54 +0100

Hi,

Using igraph 0.5 in python 2.5 in osx 10.4, i'm running the leading_eigenvector community detection method and I get the following warning:
Eigenvector calculations in igraph 0.4.5 were not based on ARPACK, so that's the cause why there's no warning in 0.4.5. I can't judge whether the result of 0.4.5 is correct or the result of 0.5; but maybe raising the maximum number of iterations allowed in the ARPACK module will help. The Python interface has a variable called arpack_options, which is an instance of class ARPACKOptions (see help(arpack_options)). arpack_option has an attribute called maxiter (which is 3000 per default) that can be modified to allow more iterations. Maybe this helps, maybe not.