Re: [igraph] Re: community detection

From: Gabor Csardi
Subject: Re: [igraph] Re: community detection
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 14:15:55 +0200

Matthieu,

(i'm posting this to the list as well in case anyone is interested.)

i've added walktrap to igraph. This algorithm is a very nice piece of
work, congratulations. The igraph version is considered to be a bit
'nasty' for some reasons, but that is not your fault of course. :)
It looks like this:

int igraph_walktrap_community(const igraph_t *graph,
                              const igraph_vector_t *weights,
                              int steps,
                              graph_matrix_t *merges,
                              igraph_vector_t *modularity);

So it returns the history of the merges and/or the modularity after
each merge. I might add a function which can 'cut' such a dendogram
at the requested place. Also, the memory management is not used
right now, but that can be added in two minutes. So there
will be some minor improvements, but the main part is done.
Hopefully the code will work on MacOSX, Windows, etc. as well without
too much hassle.

Our version control system is here:
http://cneurocvs.rmki.kfki.hu/cgi-bin/archzoom.cgi/address@hidden/igraph--main--0.4
in case you want to take a look at it. The web-server is quite slow,
sorry for that.

Thanks for the triangle algorithms, i could have used this paper
very well about a month ago when i rewrote transitivity calculation
in igraph. I'll run some benchmarks to see how much improvement
it would be such replace the current implementation.

--
Csardi Gabor <address@hidden>    MTA RMKI, ELTE TTK