ifile-discuss

[Ifile-discuss] Re: Effect of widely differing volumes on ifile classif

From: Jack Bertram
Subject: [Ifile-discuss] Re: Effect of widely differing volumes on ifile classification
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 12:51:52 +0000

* clemens fischer <address@hidden> [030320 10:57]:
> Jack Bertram <address@hidden>:
>
> > Recently, the rate, which had been consistent for some time, began
> > to plunge to about 50% and stayed there, until I deleted .idata and
> > rebuilt it from scratch, and it's now classifying better than
> > before.  (Data attached at bottom for completeness)
>
> how did you do the re-classification and the initial seeding?  you
> can't just feed ifile a big mbox with hundreds of emails, it would
> have to be split before hand.

Well, I actually did it with a modified version of one of Martin Macok's
scripts which I've been using, but it's just as easily done with

formail -s mbox | ifile -i mbox

assuming mboxes and categories are the same (as they are on my system).
If one mbox could contain more than one category, then I'd have combined
formail with a custom procmail recipe to call ifile with the appropriate
category name, based on the header in the message.

jack