ifile-discuss

[Ifile-discuss] Re: Short writeup on ifile

From: Karl Vogel
Subject: [Ifile-discuss] Re: Short writeup on ifile
Date: 28 Oct 2002 19:40:30 -0500

>> On 28 Oct 2002 09:46:39 -0700,
>> Sam Falkner <address@hidden> said:

   S> "Clemens Fischer" <address@hidden> writes:
   >> "Karl Vogel" <address@hidden>:
   >>
   >> > http://www.dnaco.net/~vogelke/.../Filtering_Spam/
   >>
   >> a few remarks:
   >> 8 tmp=$tag.$RANDOM.tmp
   >> 9 good=$tag.$RANDOM.good
   >>
   >> i think mktemp(1) would be better here, because it assures unique file
   >> names.

   Agreed, but I got lazy.

S> Not all systems have mktemp.  My Solaris 9 system doesn't have a
S> command-line way to do mktemp.  At least, none that I know of.

   I have a version of mktemp ported to Solaris, but I haven't put it on my
   webpage yet.  My quota's getting pretty tight.  Might be time for a new
   ISP...

--
Karl Vogel               ASC/YCOA, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH 45433
address@hidden                   http://www.dnaco.net/~vogelke

If you have to vacuum the bed, it's time to change the sheets.
           --Martha Stewart's tips for Rednecks