hyperbole-users

Re: [Hyperbole-users] kill-ring-org-link-to-lisp

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [Hyperbole-users] kill-ring-org-link-to-lisp
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2019 09:46:15 +0200

* Robert Weiner <address@hidden> [2019-08-28 04:50]:
> I like the idea of copying any section header for pasting as a link
> elsewhere.  When time allows I will see if we can generalize this and add it,
> including using Org’s UUIDs.
>
> -- Bob

Maybe also without Org UUIDs, as many people do not use it. It is my
special case that each heading must have its ID, and I use some extra
functions to create it while saving the file.

In general, every application shall have backlink creation
function. Or if application does not have it, it shall allow others to
create such.

For example maybe you could make simple function that works in any
text file with the region marked. It would then remember the line, and
region marked, and produce backlink. Link is used in Hyperbola to
quickly find the exact place. It is similar to regexp search in
file. But with line number included, as there can be various other
same pieces of text.

PDF readers shall have simple backlink, but they do not have. One need
to figure out how to make a link, this make it harder for users.

All that is not much effort, but still we have not get the collective
IQ today, we have some kind of huge library without order, which is
Internet. Books cannot be replaced by Internet, they are still more
valuable.

Jean