hurd-devel

Re: pty behaviour

From: Roland McGrath
Subject: Re: pty behaviour
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 18:05:10 -0500 (EST)

It's possible that Linux is behaving the same way and just keeping up
better (and we already know it's much faster).  (When I am in the mood, I
can read Linux source and see what exactly it does.)  That is, the 8kish
value is how much cumulatively gets through over many iterations of the
consumer almost but not quite keeping up with the producer, before the
small buffer of the remainders adds up to being full.