hurd-devel

Re: code for 64-bit flag day

From: Roland McGrath
Subject: Re: code for 64-bit flag day
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 18:55:30 -0400 (EDT)

Awright, I went and did it given what I deemed to be the utter lack of
negative feedback from Thomas or anyone else.

Update hurd and make no_deps=t install-headers.
Then update libc and recompile it.  Then install that.
Then compile hurd.

It's now libhurduser.so.0.3 and hurd-version = 0.3 (sonames and --version
text).

The new libc will barf in configure if the installed hurd headers are too
old.  The new hurd makes no checks about libc, but you will get lots of
warnings if you have old stub headers installed.  (That's the only update
to libc that matters for hurd, and it's always the case that you need to do
the update dance for the stub headers whenever the hurd .defs files change.)

Use cvs rdiff -D 'Tue Jun 11 20:38:35 UTC 2002' hurd to see the diffs, or
update with that date stamp to get the repository state before these commits.
The diffs are almost identical to what I posted here before.

For libc, I forgot about the aggravating lack of sane features in cvs and
failed to make the necessary tag of the glibc-2-2-branch state before
committing there, so producing a diff is not trivial.  I also committed the
changes to the mainline (2.3); for the prior state there you can use the
same -D.  (Actually I am still working out kinks in the 2.3 code.)