hurd-devel

Re: time for libio?

From: Thomas Bushnell, BSG
Subject: Re: time for libio?
Date: 29 Nov 2001 16:50:18 -0800

Roland McGrath <address@hidden> writes:

> > I don't think that much effort is necessary.
>
> Well, you don't know as much about it as I do.
> I said it was doable.  Hair is involved.  Trust me.
> We need to be sure we care before we bother with it.

I think we do care; that should be clear.  We must upgrade at some
point, and if you think the code is mature enough to give it a whirl,
now's a perfectly good time.

What I'm saying is that this is like any other soname-bumping library
upgrade on Debian--it doesn't require a flag day, as long as both the
old and new libraries can happily co-exist on the same system.  And,
they can, right?

Thomas