hurd-devel

Re: getgrouplist implementation

From: kettenis
Subject: Re: getgrouplist implementation
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 02:46:34 +0200

   From: Roland McGrath <address@hidden>
   Date: Mon,  4 Jun 2001 16:19:19 -0400 (EDT)

   That looks fine to me, send it to libc-hacker for approval.  I agree with
   you about the choice of types in the prototype, my rationale being that it
   ought to match what types getgroups uses in glibc.  I also agree that it
   belongs in the same header that declares initgroups, and that we should
   defer to whatever decision was made about that in glibc.  Though you might
   point out on libc-hacker that setgroups and initgroups are presently
   declared in <grp.h> under __USE_BSD, while the BSD practice is to declare
   them in unistd.h.  (But I can see the logic that might be behind the
   present placement in glibc, that being grp.h contains all functions that
   use `struct group' and the database.)

OK, I'll do that.

Mark