help-texinfo

Re: HTML <title> node names: Not emitting 'Top (Manual name)'

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Re: HTML <title> node names: Not emitting 'Top (Manual name)'
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 13:04:35 +0000

On Sat, Mar 16, 2024 at 05:48:39PM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 16:13:35 +0100
> > From: pertusus@free.fr
> > Cc: gavinsmith0123@gmail.com, arsen@aarsen.me, help-texinfo@gnu.org

> > > Is it important?
> >
> > I think so, it is purposely done that way, I believe, and matches with
> > the '(maintain)Copyright Notices' node information:
>
> The copyright is stated elsewhere anyway, so this is not relevant.

It would be easy enough to add a customization variable to omit the
copyright notice but I don't know if it is worth it.

The code that appears to strip the comment out is very short and probably
not the main source of complexity in the Emacs Lisp program:

    (unless texi5
      (search-forward "<!--")
      (goto-char (match-beginning 0))
      (delete-region opoint (point))
      (search-forward "<meta http-equiv=\"Content-Style")
      (setq opoint (match-beginning 0)))