help-texinfo

Re: Cross-reference for a non-English book

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Re: Cross-reference for a non-English book
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2023 19:29:14 +0000

On Sat, Dec 30, 2023 at 07:04:52PM +0100, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 30, 2023 at 02:48:17PM +0000, Daniel Cerqueira wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I am writing a info book in Portuguese (@documentlanguage pt). The book
> > is totally in Portuguese, except that when I do a cross-reference with
> > @ref , it is adding the text "see ..." before my cross-reference.
>
> Which output format are you generating?

I wonder if the issue is that it is an Info file that is being displayed
in Emacs, and Emacs is displaying "*note" as "see".  For the other output
formats, @ref would not generate the word "see" (only @pxref might do that,
and @xref would generate "See").

See documentation of "Info-hide-note-references" in the Emacs manual.

https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/info/Emacs-Info-Variables.html#index-Info_002dhide_002dnote_002dreferences