help-texinfo

Re: Problem with heading appearing on new chapter page

From: Sebastian Urban
Subject: Re: Problem with heading appearing on new chapter page
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 16:46:01 +0200

> It turns out to be a one-line change, in commit b92bf2bdd.

I was close.  I started with putting "\let\thistitle=\hfil" under the
"\chapmacro{#1}{Yomitfromtoc}{}%" line in \startcontents, which
removed @thistitle from every heading in the document.  So, I moved it
to \contents and \summarycontents.  If I only put it at the end of
\summarycontents...

>> +  \let\thistitle=\thistitle
>
> BTW, this does nothing.

Correct, but I didn't check it... This was suppose to re-set
\thistitle back to its original value, for the rest of the document.

From previous e-mail:
> It would be easy to always start page 1 on an odd page in the document
> after the contents, and sometimes have an blank page.  This would also
> eliminate another potential problem: if "@headings doubleafter" is used
> later on in a document, then odd printed page numbers would match with
> odd pages in the document. However, it's not great to have a blank page
> there if you are just reading a PDF on a computer.

I think, for the sake of starting page with printed "1" on an odd
numbered page of the file, it is acceptable for ONE blank page to be
there (if needed).  I mean it's just one page, it shouldn't bother
(too much) reader, even if he's reading on a PC.

Anyway, from my perspective all is done now, so I guess we can "close"
this thread.

Thank you for upgrades.

S. U.