help-texinfo

[PDF] Quotes glyphs; chapters/sections numbers in bookmarks

From: Sebastian Urban
Subject: [PDF] Quotes glyphs; chapters/sections numbers in bookmarks
Date: Mon, 4 May 2020 17:42:35 +0200

Hello again,

I have two additional questions:

1.  It's about quotes characters in PDF.  When I use ` or ' or " or ‘
or ’ with command that uses typewriter style of the font (@code,
@kbd, @samp, @t, @verb) the result in PDF is OK, especially with
@codequoteundirected and @codequotebacktick both turned ON.

The problem begins when I try to insert “ and ” (double quotes),
because in PDF they are shown as \ and ".  Similar thing happens with
LaTeX when in preamble (fontenc) 'OT4' or 'OT1' is used, but it
doesn't happen when I set 'T1'.  When 'T1' is used, glyph for ``
equals glyph for “, and the same happens with '' and ” pair.

Is this something bigger, or simply adding 2 glyphs for “ and ”
somewhere in TEXINFO.TEX will do the job?

2.  The other thing is simpler in description, is there a way to add
chapter/section number (NOT page number of the chapter) in PDF
bookmarks (navigation pane)?  Right now there are only
chapters/sections names, which makes navigation a little bit harder.

S. U.