[Help-sweater] Dalmatian

From: Griffith Moreno
Subject: [Help-sweater] Dalmatian
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 09:50:33 +0200

There are three biographiessuperior to all others. Of all the literary arts, biography is the most difficult.
The weak, on the other hand, will suffer out of measure for allmistakes.
The story itself is extraordinary and of course extraordinarily welltold.
In a portrait of him I have already given my reasons for placing himwith the greatest.
We all feel thatthose who have borne the burden and heat of the day deserved more thanthe others. Here all the demands of justice are fulfilled.
It was this proverb, no doubt, which gave Wells the idea of the story. He describes Johnson from day to day andfrom night to night, in his habit as he lived. A month later I went down to Oxford to talk on the short story. No Greek myth, or drama, or lyric is of this class. Sleep at least six hours each night and at most seven and a halfin a dark room with open windows. Did he fall in love in youth or was his wife his onlyaffection?
On this sideand on that, when he least expected it, Shakespeare found admirers anddefenders. But Aubrey is not so great an artist as Holbein. Sleep at least six hours each night and at most seven and a halfin a dark room with open windows. It is clear that Aubrey had a perfect consciousness of thepeculiarities of his task. It was this proverb, no doubt, which gave Wells the idea of the story.
THE ART OF BIOGRAPHYBiography, properly considered, is the topmost peak of art. Hesmiled, remarking that Id find lots to say as soon as I was on myfeet.
No Greek myth, or drama, or lyric is of this class. Here all the demands of justice are fulfilled. Now there is, of course, an element of truth in this story. Temporary excesses are not harmful; sometimes, indeed, they arepositively beneficial.
This book has forced me to revise my judgment of Kipling. There are three biographiessuperior to all others.
Hesmiled, remarking that Id find lots to say as soon as I was on myfeet. The Book of Job was the first sign of revolt against this cheerfuloptimism.