Re: transposing comma problem

From: Hamed Shakouri
Subject: Re: transposing comma problem
Date: Mon, 3 May 2021 10:04:18 -0700

Hi there,

Thank you for your help.
Yesterday I removed a few software from my laptop and reinstalled them (Anaconda, Spyder, Jupyter, ...whatever I had a problem with).
Many files related to these I deleted before reinstallation too.
It seems the problem with running the scripts/functions is resolved.
However, the character of apostrophe conveyed in files edited in version 5.2 appear in a different shape yet:
image.png
And still when I try char(<the character>) in the command line, it hangs.
The attached file is the one used to stop at the first transposing character.

The command chcp results in:
Active code page: 437

By the way, I suggest to the developing team to modify the line editor of the command window so that with the escape key one can delete the entire current line.
Thanks,
Hamed.

On Sun, May 2, 2021 at 11:25 PM Markus Mützel <markus.muetzel@gmx.de> wrote:
Am 03. Mai 2021 um 08:07 Uhr schrieb "Hamed Shakouri":
> Answers to all questions:

> * As it is shown by screenshots, is clear that I am using 6.2 (and 5.2) Editors to implement codes.
> * Certainly, I do not copy from a pdf. I am writing (typing) inside the Editor directly.
> * error: 'chcp' undefined near line 1, column 1
> * PowerShell Output:
>
> No error.
> * Hanging when trying to recognize the character code occurs every time (several times).
>
> Thanks,
> Hamed.

IIUC, Andrew's commands were meant to be run in a *PowerShell prompt*. Not from inside Octave.

Could you please attach a short .m file that doesn't run for you?

Markus

PS: I'm moving this to the help mailing list. The maintainers mailing list is thought for discussions about Octave development.

--

With Regards,

Hamed Shakouri G.