Re: parallel 4.0.1 released

From: sshah
Subject: Re: parallel 4.0.1 released
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 14:51:18 -0500 (CDT)

Thanks Marius.

I am aware of the architecture differences on M1.  If the .oct file is
compiled for wrong architecture, octave (OS exception) complains and does
not allow execution.

I have not yet been able to install any octave packages in native mode in my
homebrew installed octave on M1.  I have tested that mkoctfile works fine in
native mode for simple codes to test cblas and threading.  Homebrew bottle
for octave in native mode is very recent.

I do have many python packages in both Rosetta2 and native modes.  In my
experience, Rosetta2 versions of those codes have not been slow. In fact, in
some cases, native versions were slower, perhaps because of the immature
nature of the package wheels or installation scripts.