Re: tiff file dp1

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: tiff file dp1
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2021 00:41:06 -0500

On Fri, Mar 5, 2021 at 12:13 AM Rory Conolly <rory.conolly@gmail.com> wrote:

I think the print command in the last line should create a tiff file with 600 dpi resolution. The fiff file is created OK, but it has 96 dpi resolution, when I check it's properties tag. The file size does increase when I increase the -rNUM parameter, but the dpi stays at 96.

Your guidance will be appreciated!

There is no page information in the tiff size. So "resolution" number is kind of meaningless. You get 96 dpi because your screen
most likely is 96 dpi. The size of a similar picture  that i got is 3501x2625 pixels or 5.8x4.4in assuming 600 dpi, which is a
reasonable size for the picture in an article. Personally I would send then picture in pdf format and let them convert
how they want it.

- Rory

Dmitri.