How do I link an installed C library to Octave to create new, Octave cal

From: babelproofreader
Subject: How do I link an installed C library to Octave to create new, Octave callable functions?
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2020 10:07:56 -0500 (CDT)

The installed library is  ta-lib <https://sourceforge.net/projects/ta-lib/>
which, on my Linux system, consists of five header files in the directory
/usr/include/ta-lib. Over on the  MATLAB fileexchange
<https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/34744-ta-lib-mex-functions-and-oslion-binaries#functions_tab>

a user has provided a compileMex.m script to link/compile, with a typical
line such as

mex TA_ADOSC.c -I"../src/TA_COMMON/" -I"../include/" -L"../src/.libs/"
-l"ta_lib"

Basically my question is "What is the equivalent Octave 'mkoctfile' command
for the above MATLAB mex command?"