Re: Using system

From: N
Subject: Re: Using system
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 21:44:12 +0200

> Hi,
> My name is Clarke and I've recently installed Octave 5.2 for a calculus
> class and I can't seem to figure out how to use it. I've watched videos,
> but every time I put in a command an  error message follows, ex: f=x^2 or
> limit(f,2) for limits. I'm not sure what to do. I also tried to install the
> symbolic package but it's not working. I don't really know what to do, I've
> never used this system before.
> Thanks,
> Clarke

Octave is for numerical calculations. You store numbers in variables as
matrices, a single value is also ok then it is a scalar. Then you use
mathematical operations on the variables numerical computations on the values
in the variables are done.

variables f and x does not exist and at least in my Octave install there is no
limit(...) function.

Nicklas Karlsson