Re: Question about Nonlinear Programming

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: Question about Nonlinear Programming
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2020 20:22:04 +0200

> Yes I am talking about sqp. Your reply leads to another question or two--How
> can I get a listing of sqp so I could examine it?  I'm also wondering if
> later Octave versions have an improvedmversion of sqp?
>
> I'm reluctant to download a newer Octave version since I am afraid of the
> learning curve.  Any comments about that?  Finally can I have both Octave
> version 4.2.0 and a later version, 5.x.x on the same windows 10 machine and
> then choose which one to run at any time.
>
> Thanks again
>
> Bill
Hi Bill,

Keep always the list in CC.
I do not know about Windows, but I can image that of course you can
have multiple versions of octave.
The octave source code is here to browse [1], in particular you find
the code for sqp here [2].
You can also search for sqp.m in the octave installation folder.

I am not sure what learning curve you refer to, but Octave is since
many versions very stable, so you do not need to re-learn anything if
you already know how to handle 4.2 (there just might be more
functionality).

[1]: https://savannah.gnu.org/hg/?group=octave
[2]:
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/file/3a05402adef6/scripts/optimization/sqp.m