Re: Question about Nonlinear Programming

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Question about Nonlinear Programming
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 19:58:00 -0400

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 5:45 PM Bill Blum <wmedblum@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello

I have GNU Octave version 4.2.0--which I only use occasionally.  I am interested in trying Octave's Nonlinear Programming function/routine on a problem I have partially solved with the Fletcher-Powell algorithm.  I notice the description of the NL routine in version 4.2.0 seems to be the same as in later versions.  Is there any difference in the sequential quadratic programming routine in later versions of GNU Octave?

Thank you]
Bill Blum

what specific functions are you using?  could look at the source and do a side-by-side algorithm comparison.