Re: Directory Listing in Octave -- Recursion

From: Andrew Janke
Subject: Re: Directory Listing in Octave -- Recursion
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2020 11:19:45 -0400

On 6/17/20 10:15 AM, Markus Mützel wrote:
> Am 17. Juni 2020 um 15:53 Uhr schrieb "Stefan Pofahl":
>> I found also a solution here:
>> https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/19550-recursive-directory-listing
>> rdir by Gus
>> Brow.[https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/profile/authors/1231514-gus-brown]
>> I have not tried another variant:
>> https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/47125-rdir-m[https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/47125-rdir-m]
>> by
>> Core.[https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/profile/authors/4964828-corey]
>>
>> I modified the one from Gus Browto make it compatible to Octave.
>> Matlab does not need this function any longer, as the "**" syntax is since
>> Matlab v2016b integrated into dir().
>>
>> Attached the version that I use.
>>

> Please, use bottom posting on this list.
>
> The license agreement of The Mathworks' FileExchange doesn't permit using
> those functions (or work derived of them) with other software than their own.
> You should have received a copy of that license when downloading the files
> from the FileExchange:
>
> Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
> modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are
> met:
>
> * Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
> notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
> * Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
> notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in
> the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
> * In all cases, the software is, and all modifications and derivatives
> of the software shall be, licensed to you solely for use in conjunction
> with MathWorks products and service offerings.
>

> Please, do not distribute such files on the Octave mailing list.
>
> Markus

I'm not sure that this is true any more. MathWorks File Exchange has
switched to using the BSD 3-Clause license for all programs posted
there. So it may depend on exactly when the file was published.

The license for this particular posting appears to be BSD 2-Clause, not
the variant license with the "MathWorks productions only" clause.

Cheers,
Andrew