Re: Re: gpg-agent problem, part 2

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Re: gpg-agent problem, part 2
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2020 12:42:32 -0400

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 12:29 PM JohnD <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Message: 4
> > Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2020 07:43:49 -0400
> > From: Nicholas Jankowski <address@hidden>
> > To: address@hidden
> > Cc: Help GNU Octave <address@hidden>
> > Subject: Re: gpg-agent problem, part 2
> >
> > On Fri, Mar 20, 2020, 6:13 AM <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > > Thank You, Nicholas / Börje 200320
> > >
> > >    1. I used the zip version for installation
> > >    2. After unpacking, I ran post-install.bat. The message "GnuPG agent
> > >    is unusable" appeared repeatedly
> > >    3. Running Octave and pkg functions worked fine, though (as far as I
> > >    have tested - not so much)
> > >
> > > BR be
> > >
> > (Please always cc the mailing list, and the convention of the octave lists
> > is to bottom post.)
> >
> > I believe I see the same error when running post-install.bat and I don't
> > think it matters. As you said, everything seems to be working okay.
> >
> > Can someone who knows what the post-install.bat script Ks doing comment on
> > the initial gnupg agent message and how much it does or doesn't affect
> > things?
>

> It sets up bash which in msys also installs some pgp keys etc
>
> It may work fine, but it also may see that the setup of the msys environment
> wasn’t completed and try to do it again if anything uses bash later on

I've never had that -not- fail when running post install on my windows
systems, and have never noticed a negative result.  What is it
expecting to find that isn't working? Is there something I can test to
see if there is indeed missing functionality? Perhaps its a
suppressible warning to not alarm users?