mkoctfile on windows

From: JuanPi
Subject: mkoctfile on windows
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2019 14:41:53 +0100

Hi all,

I noticed that compiling in GNU Octave 5.1.0 for windows seems to be possible.

## F77
First I found the problem that the environmental variable F77 (used in
some makefiles) is defined to f77 even if f77 doesn't exist, while
gfortran does exist, that is the lines

F77 ?= gfortran

would always have f77 even if f77 is not in the system. Forcing the
re-definition of F77 got some of my files compiled in windows

Is this a bug?

## mkoctfile failure
Most fo the files compile, but some of them (that compile in linux), I
get errors like th eones in the attached file.

any idea what is causing this?

Thanks
--
JuanPi Carbajal
https://goo.gl/ayiJzi

-----
“An article about computational result is advertising, not
scholarship. The actual scholarship is the full software environment,
code and data, that produced  the  result.”
- Buckheit and Donoho