Re: labels in categorical bar graph

From: Brett Green
Subject: Re: labels in categorical bar graph
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2019 11:06:45 -0400

On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 6:40 AM "Markus Mützel" <address@hidden> wrote:
Am 01. November 2019 um 07:38 Uhr schrieb "Raag Saluja":
> Thank you so much! Can you please help me with one more thing?
> I was making a subplots. How do I get the (a), (b), (c).... labels of the various subplots? So later I can refer to them as Fig X (a) etc.

The "subplot" function returns the handle to the corresponding axes. So you would use that handle - instead of the handle to the currently active axes returned by "gca". E.g.:
hax1 = subplot(3,1,1);
hax2 = subplot(3,1,2);
hax3 = subplot(3,1,3);

Now to change the axes of - let's say - the subplot in the middle:
set(hax2, "xticklabel", {'1JFF','α1aβII', 'α1aβIII', 'α1bβII', 'α1bβIII', 'α8β8'}, "XTick", 1:numel(P));

Hope this answers what you have asked...

Markus

Raag,

Try calling something like
 text(-.75,-1.5,"(a)")
right after you make the plot. The "text" function overlays text on the current axes. Enter "doc text" in the command line to find more information about how to tweak its properties, like font size.

- Brett Green