Re: labels in categorical bar graph

From: Markus Mützel
Subject: Re: labels in categorical bar graph
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2019 11:40:50 +0100

Am 01. November 2019 um 07:38 Uhr schrieb "Raag Saluja":
> Thank you so much! Can you please help me with one more thing?
> I was making a subplots. How do I get the (a), (b), (c).... labels of the
> various subplots? So later I can refer to them as Fig X (a) etc.

The "subplot" function returns the handle to the corresponding axes. So you
would use that handle - instead of the handle to the currently active axes
returned by "gca". E.g.:
hax1 = subplot(3,1,1);
hax2 = subplot(3,1,2);
hax3 = subplot(3,1,3);

Now to change the axes of - let's say - the subplot in the middle:
set(hax2, "xticklabel", {'1JFF','α1aβII', 'α1aβIII', 'α1bβII', 'α1bβIII',
'α8β8'}, "XTick", 1:numel(P));

Hope this answers what you have asked...

Markus