xlsread return error: No Java support found (no Java JRE? no Java pkg in

From: cmt
Subject: xlsread return error: No Java support found (no Java JRE? no Java pkg installed AND loaded?)
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2019 08:22:33 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,
I am a freshmen working with Octave and I am struggling with loading some
.xlsx files. I hope someone might help me with it.

I will try to give you all the Information needed:
System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64
Octave: 5.1.0.0

I used the following Code:
close all; clear all; clc;
pkg load io
pkg load windows
data_autokorr = xlsread ('file.xlsx', 'A16:C271');

I got the follwing error:
warning: findstr is obsolete; use strfind instead
Detected XLS interfaces: warning: duplicate type octave_com_object
COM*; warning:  No Java support found (no Java JRE? no Java pkg installed
AND loaded?)
warning: called from
    getxlsinterfaces at line 126 column 11
    xlsopen at line 262 column 17
    xlsread at line 233 column 11
    Spektrum at line 16 column 15

First I thought i have to install Java but in some  Topics
<https://wiki.octave.org/Java_package#How_to_install_the_java_package_in_Octave.3F>

i found that i should not.

I also looked at other pages ( example
<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Problem-with-java-package-and-xlsread-td4630893.html>

) and I dont seem to be the only Person struggling with xlsread. But I
coudnt find an answer that helped me, since I am really new into Octave.

Thank you very much in Advance!