RE: Power function model fit, multiple independent values

From: Windhorn, Allen E [ACIM/LSA/MKT]
Subject: RE: Power function model fit, multiple independent values
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 15:45:41 +0000

Some example data would be helpful.

If you take the logarithm of your equation you will have a linear curve-
fitting problem that will be easy to solve.  The answers will not be the
same as for the original problem, but they should be close, and may be
more useful if you want to minimize the percent error rather than the
absolute error.  (ln(A*B^x*C^y*D^z) = ln(A)+x*ln(B)+y*ln(C)+z*ln(D).)
At least this would get you values for starting a nonlinear solution.

The optim package has a bunch of functions that look useful for this.

Regards,
Allen