Re: Octave on Public Cloud

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Octave on Public Cloud
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019 15:03:33 -0700

On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 11:54:43 -0500, sshah wrote:
> I have not found much on Octave Wiki about building, installing and using
> Octave on public clouds like Amazon AWS.  Is there interest in adding such
> information?

I agree with Kai, if you have information to share, yes please add it to
the wiki.

> While many linux distributions have old versions octave in their repos, the
> latest released versions of Octave are not available.

Sure, this is the way distributions work.

For users who want to eschew their distribution repositories, there are
several options nowadays:

  * flatpak install flathub org.octave.Octave
  * brew install octave
  * docker pull mtmiller/octave

and likely more to come.

--