Re: Fwd: pkg in Octave 5.1

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Fwd: pkg in Octave 5.1
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2019 17:08:31 -0500

On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 2:07 PM Rory Conolly <address@hidden> wrote:
I ran from the installer. For some reason I had to do "pkg rebuild" manually to get the packages running.

ok, that's not supposed to happen.   only when someone uses the 7z or zip archive should they need to run pkg rebuild. I will try to remember to do an install when I get to my personal computer later and see if the .exe installer does the same thing for me.  We've gotten a few similar requests about packages, but I thought they were all related to the zip installer.