Re: Impuls response toolbox

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: Impuls response toolbox
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2018 12:13:01 -0500

On Thu, Nov 22, 2018 at 8:41 AM Jan Vandendriessche <address@hidden> wrote:

Dear SIr,

You have very interesting software at “octave”.

I don’t have big knowledge about IR, so maybe you can point me in the good direction with my small question.

Can I measure an IR from a speaker with a small accelerometer on the cone (I have already done that). I want to measure the same speaker with a microphone. I want to have to have a new IR from the difference between the microphone IR and the accelerometer IR. So I can use the accelerometer to sound like the microphone captured signal.

Is this possible with one or more of the toolbox? And what we’ll be the steps?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Jan

Hi Jan:
 I think that you would have to create a Laplace equation from each impulse response
and the find an equation to convert the cone one into the microphone response.
This conversion equation would then be the filter equation to make the cone accelerometer results sound like the microphone results.
Is this what you are asking?

--
DASCertificate for 206392